BelVan Construction offers superior Construction Management services that enable you to involve an experienced contractor at an earlier stage of the project, similar to Design-Build. With Construction Management, the design team is hired directly by the Owner.
What is Construction Management?
When undertaking the role of Construction Manager, BelVan Construction works with the client's design team during the design phase through to construction completion. This enhanced collaboration during the early stages of the project allows for a greater overall understanding of a client's needs. This way, BelVan Construction applies its estimating, cost control, and scheduling services to plan and deliver a timely and cost-efficient construction project.
What are the Benefits of Construction Management?
- Expedited schedule and cost savings
- A collaborative relationship between the Owner and Builder
- The ability to plan for and keep the project within a defined budget
- Early knowledge of the project costs before design work is completed so that if necessary, design changes can be made to stay within budget
- The builder can provide input during design to keep the project within a defined budget
- The major project costs are still competitively bid (subtrades and suppliers), so the Owner still receives the cost benefits of a typical tendered project
- Construction can start as soon as the design is complete rather than losing time due to the tendering process
How Does The Construction Management Process Work?
1. Conceptual Planning
The Owner’s design team completes this phase of the work.
2. Constructability Review & Estimating Phase
This is where BelVan Construction compiles the information developed by the design team and begins reviewing the design for constructability issues and areas of potential improvements and cost savings. This is also when an initial construction cost estimate is developed.
3. Detail Design & Engineering
At this stage, the Owner’s design team develops the detailed construction drawings required for the permit application and construction.
Then, BelVan’s estimators send the drawings to several subtrades and suppliers to gather competitive pricing for their goods and services. This allows for further refinement and increased accuracy of the construction cost estimate.
4. Permitting & Pre-Construction Planning
With the construction drawings at 80% complete, we get a jump start on permit submissions and other pre-construction logistics. This helps speed up the process by overlapping workflows to ensure no time is wasted and your vision can come to life sooner.
The day has come, and construction is ready to begin. Since Belvan Project Managers and Construction Teams have been involved since the planning began, they understand exactly what you are trying to achieve and the best way to transform your vision into a reality.
During this phase of the project, there will be a lot happening all at once. BelVan Construction will remain in complete control of the work area and look after everyone’s coordination, supervision, and safety on the job site.